I’m been eating healthy for almost a year and I’m tired of eating pancakes that come from boxes you find at stores. Usually, people enjoy eating pancakes at IHOP, Denny’s, Norms and who knows what else is out there. Well, not me! I don’t know about you, but don’t you ever get tired of eating pancakes that require flour, milk, water, plus the extra time and a messy kitchen?
So I came up with a simple solution. I chose to make my morning big healthy and fluffy pancakes less than 5 minutes every weekend. Yes, it’s possible. I’m sharing my recipe below:
- 1 banana (big or small, it doesn’t matter because it’s healthy)
- 1 large egg (trust me 1 is enough for one person. If you add two, you’re not going to finish it haha.)
- Cinnamon powder (You need it. Who doesn’t like cinnamon? Add the amount you desire, who cares it’s healthy and low calories.)
- Optional: Blueberries (Add as much as you want whole or smashed)
- Oil or nonstick spray: Not a lot of oil. I chose to add olive oil 🙂
Heat a medium skillet on the stove top to medium heat and add oil or spray with nonstick spray. While the pan is heating, start to mix egg in a medium bowl for 20 seconds. Add banana inside bowl and start smashing it with all your mighty strength (I use a fork) to mix with egg. Lastly, add cinnamon powder and blueberries (as much as you want).
Pour everything in the pan and flip your pancake with spatula when you noticed the pancake starts looking golden brown (it should take 60-90 seconds to flip).
There you go, now you have a big, fluffy, and healthy pancake. The best damn pancakes you’ve ever eaten because you made them. It’s gluten free, flourless, and full of proteins. 🙂 Drizzle with a little syrup, honey, or any other sweetener you like. I love honey!